Love me, Tenderly. Enough for my Conscience

Women are entrusted with an incredible gift. I believe it's from God. I honestly do.
It's called intuition. 
The dictionary defines it as; Direct perception of truth, fact, etc, independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
Wow!
I wonder how many women have sat down and thought this through.
I wonder how many husbands have thought this through when they are about to make huge life changing decisions.
Direct perception of truth!
I think it was meant to protect women and their families from danger.
Smart women use it.
They understand what they have. And don't hesitate to employ it when the moment demands.
And it does.
Many many times.
Every woman will face opportunities and situations where use of her intuition will become handy.
Even lifesaving.
An ability to have direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
Gut feeling.
Especially on matters of love.
It seems to me women allow their feelings to easily cloud their intuition
Especially when a man seems to be talking from both sides of his mouth
Smoothly.
I cannot list the number of women I’ve talked to who have horror stories from ignoring their intuition.
They met someone who looked awesome
Sounded great
Treated them like Queens
Was as direct as they come
And just knocked her flat
Prince charming
Knight in shining armor
You know the list.
Yet all was not ok.
In the pit of her stomach, she felt a small gnawing feeling she didn't like
Charismatic’s call it a check in the spirit
Others call it a red flag
Whatever you call it
Something pointed to them, that maybe this was not all it seemed to be.
They needed to slow down.
But the thrill of the adventure kept them going.
Couldn’t allow a fun joyride be interrupted by a few nagging thoughts.
Then Bam!
Guy turns out to be an imposter
A smooth operator
Good liar
Dog
No good worthless double talking....
Call him what you want.
But yep, He wasn't meaning a word he said.
Just wanted to take advantage of the unwitting female.
This has happened countless times.
And the result is always the same.
The woman always says,
"I knew something was wrong! I knew it!"
To which I calmly respond
"And why didn't you slow down and investigate more?"
To which I receive an answer I still can't figure out to this day
"I don't know"
Hmmm...
I can't hack it either.
The truth is, every woman has, built in her, a way to tell genuine from fakes.
They all do.
That's why a wife can tell when the husband isn't telling the truth, or when he's not listening, or when a deal is too good to be true.
Just like that!
And because women's intuition is their best friend, when she ignores it, the price is usually high.
Very much so.
The fight every woman has to win in her quest for true love is how to keep her intuition from being overwhelmed by infatuation and intense feelings of love propelled by a romantic setup.
Promises made by inordinate men
Willing to take them captive by their deception.
When a man tells a woman he loves her
It doesn't really matter
Till it's tenderly
Tenderly enough to ring true in her heart
And True to her intuition
Otherwise she may be headed for the rocks.
I encourage every sista out there, not to despise the gift of her conscience
Her God given intuition
It saves souls a whole lotta trouble
And Pain
You will be better of not to ignore those warnings in your heart.
It's your Loving Father's way of saying
Take it slow, daughter of Mine,
Because see, I love you,
Tenderly.
Enough for your heart to know it.

I'm just sayin...

Comments

grace said…
i love this post. most of the times i ignore my gut when i really want to do something. regardless of the warning. and yep, the price is often quite steep.
thanks for sharing this
Tatuu said…
It saved me...a BIG deal 2 years ago when i wanted to make a decision that would have really caused me a serious heartache...Jesus is LORD!!!!!
Shiro Pearl said…
Wow! This is so true.
I like to call intuiton "the little voice of truth." Too often times we miss it,and as you said, we end up paying dearly.
The Lord help us to always listen to what He is telling us....in that still small voice.
Baraka.
Milli said…
I so love this post. You have put it across so well.
Wa Ciiku said…
If you believed in reincarnation I would have asked whether you were a woman in your past life. But seeing as we're both Christians all I can say is T-H-A-N-K G-O-D FOR YOU! You're an inspiration!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Single Ladies, Get your own man!

Manners Please boys

How to talk to Men