Enough with the monkey business already!

When people believe stuff, especially when it’s taught them during a needy time of their life, they can tend to give allegiance to levels that would make you cringe.
Unnecessarily
What you believe determines your choices, that’s why in my work as a coach and pastor, I don’t try to change behavior. It never works. It never will.
I choose to work smart. I investigate your beliefs and experiences.
It doesn’t change that I still can’t stand people that make stupid choices in the name of Christianity.
I refuse the notion that being a Christian and being dumb have anything in common.
It’s actually the opposite
Proverbs says it. It calls that being a fool, and terribly cautions us against it.
So I can’t stand when people tell others not to do anything about relationships going bad or marriages on the rocks in the name of prayer and waiting on God
Sorry but I don’t buy that.
That’s monkey business
God will not do your part in this life
That’s why He says, ‘come we reason together’
Otherwise why would God give me a brain that He never intended me to use?
Why would he allow me to feel about things that I can do nothing about?
God will not love my wife for me, He will not raise my kids for me, He will not have difficult conversations in my stead. He won’t
Now He will give me strength to do that. He will enable me.
But do it for me? No way!
Therefore expecting him to is not only dumb, it’s being out of touch with reality
And sadly, many Christians have fallen for this maneno
You see, if I’m in a relationship with someone that’s cheating on me, I don’t have to wait for a meteor shower to know it’s time to drop the clown
If my marriage is in trouble and we seem to fight over trivial issues, I don’t need a beeline at a prayer meeting and voila! Everything gets fixed
If my kids are unruly and indisciplined, I don’t need to give a special offering and anoint them with oil for the ‘devil’ to be cast out of them.
I NEED TO ATTEND WELL TO THOSE RELATIONSHIPS AND THE NEEDS THEREIN!
Sure prayer does work. Don’t get me wrong. There is a time and place for it, and it’s very crucial.
Yet prayer alone will not get the job done.
I need to be a good steward of my relationships
If my fiancé is acting weird 1. Have a sit down and talk about his/her behavior
2. If they will not change, or agree to get help, well, quit wasting each other’s time!
If my kids are unruly 1. I may need to be home more often and be a father
Is it possible that many people freeze at the point they are supposed to take action, cut out relationships, confront people, have tough conversations etc… Just because they believe that taking action is going against their faith?
So they choose to hide behind the mask of prayer, faith and wait while their relationship houses burn down.
Monkey Business!
Taking charge of what’s going on around you is not a violation of your Faith or disbelief.
It’s a healthy God given task that we all should apply ourselves to
Learning to define your relationships should not be what somebody else thinks your relationships should look like.
It should be what works for you, where you are at and for where you are going. Based on your godly and goodly convictions about how God created you.
It should be you resolving and building a healthy relational atmosphere where peace, joy, love and laughter, grace and harmony are prevalent.
It will make you better, stronger, healthier, and able to help others that need your energies in their lives
Rather than sitting and taking in anything and everything with abandon just because you’re supposed to be a Christian
That’s dumb
I don’t buy it
The scriptures don’t encourage it
And you shouldn’t either
I’m just sayin…

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Single Ladies, Get your own man!

Manners Please boys

How to talk to Men