Excuse me; did you say a happily married woman?

When the book men are from Mars and Women from Venus came out, it garnered incredible talking points on the differences among the sexes and their ramifications. I’ve personally never read it, though I think it once was somewhere in my library. Even so, i’ve heard it said endlessly that marriage is no fun. Especially for women.
I beg to differ.
Probably the happiest women are married ones; sadly, probably the unhappiest ones are also in marriage! Its an interesting paradox. One fact we need to know upfront, A man never holds the key to a woman’s happiness! Never! When a woman makes this mistake, get ready for some serious domestic ISSUES!.
A woman’s happiness comes when she knows who she is, and living out that revelation to the max.
Here is what I found to be the one determining factor to a woman being happy in marriage. Ready?
EVERY HAPPILY MARRIED WOMAN HAS A VERY LOW TOLERANCE FOR BAD BEHAVIOR, EXCUSES, INDECENCY, WEAKNESS AND FOOLISHNESS IN HER HUSBAND!
There.
I said it.
Shoot me now boys!
Strange but it’s true. You see, whatever you tolerate in a man, you create an unwillingness to change in him! And Trust me, men will settle for the lowest standards anywhere when allowed! It’s just the way we function.
Men are rarely motivated by tears, begging and pleading… the male mind simply has no appropriate response to such feminine dealings!
Men Respond to a Challenge!
Their egos are so high, when they are challenged, they will do the most outrageous things just to prove a point! (Ever seen them on the roads with their cars?)
And that’s what every happily married woman knows!
Men work well within parameters that are clearly defined, and where weakness to abide within those parameters is confronted and totally disallowed.
Are you begging for an example? I’m glad you ask!
The time he gets home: If your family has to have dinner together in the evening, then daddy has to be home by dinner time. Period. Unless it’s life and death (his I assume!), you just don’t allow him to waltz in at 10pm saying he was sijui where doing sijui what. He MUST do everything in his power to get home by then. The kids need to see him, and he must know clearly his family’s welfare is more important than the boss’! Now, you say, what if the boss threatens him with the sack if he leaves early? And that’s where the difference between the happy woman and the unhappy one kicks in.
Your typical unhappy woman will say, ‘Oh well, he has to earn the daily bread’. The other will say, ‘Our family needs you, you must be here. You know what to do, see you before dinnertime!’
Result? Daddy sits down his boss and sets the situation before him, the boss changes the rules or they both find a way around it. If not, guy looks for another job, with family in mind! See what I mean?
Wife has husband home by dinner time, kids enjoy daddy at home… family is a healthy priority. It’s a win-win situation! She will not tolerate excuses!
Now here’s the catch. She is not loud and emotional and disrespectful when she is communicating this to her husband. She’s very loving and sweet. But she is FIRM. Very Firm! Firm enough for Dear husband to know that this is one line he dare not cross.
What she’s done is simply define the boundaries for him in regard to the family, and challenged him on his role as a father. She has also said it sweetly, yet very firmly. Oh and by the way, if he will not come home on time, he has to answer for his bad self. Which to a man is like putting ants in his pants. He totally dreads it!
A point closer to home; I may not agree with Lucy Kibaki on a lot of issues, but on this one, I said ‘Go mamma!’ I was rolling on the floor laughing.
Do you remember when the president had to call a press conference to ‘define’ his family? Why did I have the thought that it was the little lady pulling the leash?! Why did I get the notion that it was mama and not the mzee speaking? Simple, because men do not call press conferences to discuss their families. It just doesn’t happen!
Picture this; Stories floating around about another woman, who we see and hear very publicly, gossip columns buzzing, politicians talking trash about it, radio hosts having a field day, gutter press on the loose, endless chatter about the first family, yada yada yada. Things look like they’re going under, seems like the first house is outta control, their family is on fire, right?
Ha! Think again. Mtashangaa!
The first lady being the no-nonsense woman she is; gets crack-a-lacking! Lays it down, she simply tells the big man, “Call the press, and TELL them specifically what and who we are, clear the air, banish the opposition, banish the nonsense, set the record straight! YOU SAY IT BIG DADDY, Make it plain! And I’m gonna be standing next to you just incase you forget something! Let’s get this show on the road! Woooh mama!
And oh yeah, just so everybody is clear; there is a way I run my house, and not even the notorious NTV or klassy KTN will mess around with it. Things will be run my way in my house. Period.” Oh I love it!
End of gossip, speculation, everybody tows the line. Did you continue hearing any of that maneno again? I think not!
A woman that knows who she is, and lives out that revelation to the max, will be happy. Not just in marriage, but also in life! It’s called low tolerance for bad behavior, indecency, foolishness and nonsense in a man!
Is there anything like a happily married woman? You tell me!

Comments

mo'z dimension said…
sasa mdaya! great read.i like to think of maself as that woman with low tolerance for certain things. and i am also one of few who got burned n branded demanding intolerant etc.so i guess my question would be finding a balance.i'm choleric therefore bossy was it my problem was or was the man a scaredy cat(lol) when asked to man up
Kenyan Kairetu said…
the policy is simple men respond to standards,set some(be realistic at least).if someone cannot handle them then too bad.a man will treat you as you allow him to,period.by the way i need to mention that men hide behind the cover of "am the man of the house" hence should do as he pleases-even the really improper,hurtful,even sinful stuff.its just corny,since when did being a man include mediocrity and poor conduct?being a man is truly an honorable thing and not an excuse for misgivings!!!women need to remember the action-consequence principle,if there are no consequences for wrong doing nothing will ever get done(i got this cold look that gets me treated the way i want,its just a look but works wonders).
to mo'z dimension - lay it down as it is,DO NOT CONTROL someone(which cholerics do sometimes 'my way or the highway thing') or manipulate someone into doing things...just be firm and unrelenting,it works.
thanks pasi...i really loved this post!!!
Pastor Wa said…
Thanks!
Glad it makes sense.
Women should know their stuff!
Anonymous said…
Mo and Kairetu, I also get called bossy when I lay down the law. I think most men are scaredy cats when it comes to being set on the straight and narrow.
On the other hand, I've seen it first hand, a few women laying down the law (firmly but nicely) to their husbands, and they toe the line. Maybe we just have to be patient to find those who care enough to listen to us!
Tatuu said…
Funny but true. I read 'Control Over Men' somewhere in between the lines.

Keep 'em revelations coming.
Life Signatures said…
The following are excerpts from my blog post yesterday "The moment a challenge is presented to the human soul, there is this automatic tendency to raise the bar and maintain your place of supremacy. "

Pastor, you could not have said it better...when my woman sets the bar, I will find it in me to attain to that standard...whether I gotta move heaven and earth to do it.
When she does not set the standard...i simply fit in like I said in my blog I get comfortable in my conquered frontier.
Keep writing Sir :SALUTE:

Popular posts from this blog

Single Ladies, Get your own man!

Manners Please boys

How to talk to Men